Recruitment and restructuring of farmer cooperatives in Somalia is supported by training, production, harvesting, packaging and national and international marketing by collecting these cooperatives under one roof and technical consultancy support is still provided.
Somalia Union Cooperatives Movement (UDHIS) is an umbrella organization for all cooperatives in Somalia established in 1973. UDHIS are engaging Socio-Economic Production, which plays an important role in the production and economic development of the country. It serves as the voice of the cooperatives movement both nationally and internationally.
UDHIS also serves as the main cooperative policy advisor for the government, implements various cooperative development projects, and is mandated by law to arbitrate and help settle conflicts within the cooperative movement
UDHIS membership consist of 8 (eight) different federations come from different Regional States of the Federal Republic of Somalia:
- Federation of Agriculture Cooperatives
- Federation of Fishery Cooperatives
- Federation of Livestock, Forestry and Incense
- Federation of Saving and Credit Cooperatives
- Federation of Small Industries, Handcrafts
- Federation of Transportation Cooperatives
- Federation of Consumer and Service Cooperatives
- Federation of Housing Cooperatives
All these have direct membership and access to UDHIS services and benefits. It will be integrated into all cooperative levels in Somalia, accordance the law and regulation of the UDHIS.